How to Apply
- Applications are only accepted through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) using 1403500931 – Cayuga Medical Center Program.
- Cayuga Medical Center participates in the NRMP
USMLE 1 and 2:
To be considered applicants must pass USMLE Steps 1 and 2 on their first attempts and obtain scores that meet the minimum criteria listed below.
USMLE Step 1 >215
USMLE Step 2 >215
USMLE Step 2 CS
We prefer applicants who have passed Step 2 CS on their first attempt.
Comlex Step 1 >500
Medical School Graduation
We will consider applicants graduating from medical school within 5 years or less and prefer those with U.S. clinical experience.
The following items are required as part of your ERAS application
- Personal statement
- MSPE (Dean’s Letter)
- At least 3 letters of recommendation – At least one of these should be from an internal medicine faculty member at your medical school
- A recent photograph.
Your three professional references should come from clinical faculty who know you well.
At this time we do not offer the opportunity for observation or externships.
- We will be accepting J1 visas sponsored through ECFMG
Applications are accepted until December 31st
- NRMP match number for Categorical Program #: 2207140M0
- NRMP match number for NYP-Weill Cornell Track #: 2207140M1
If you have questions about applying to our Internal Medicine Residency Program, please contact:
Nicolette Kittell, Residency Coordinator